You have GUAC to be kidding me, I present to you a highly requested recipe…
Hands up if you thought you would never eat an Avocado ✋🏽✋🏽. This simple recipe is a great energy booster, keeps you fuller for longer and it’s the perfect breakfast or an afternoon snack. You can simply slice avocados and top it with bruschetta sauce, however I LOVE mine with flavor, a small tang and the taste of sweetcorn mixed with cilantro and onions. And I must say this is an absolute winner in my house. Feel free to add or take away any ingredients of your choice, this is something I simply like to whip up in the morning for breakfast with a cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
1 Small Onion chopped
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Cumin powder (optional)
Trader Joes Bruschetta Sauce (Jamie Olivers Bruschetta topping) – Optional
- Slice Avocados in half and remove the pip (save for later), spoon out the avocado in to a bowl.
- Add Salt and Pepper for taste, and a dash of Cumin powder.
- Chop Small Onion in to small chunks, chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- You can use tinned Sweetcorn (remove excessive water) or I like to add frozen sweet corn, as it defrosts pretty quick.
- Thoroughly mix, gently mashing the avocado as you go along (I prefer using a folk), depending how you want your avocado chunky or thin.
- Add the pip in the center of the of the bowl and cover with some of the mixture. This prevents the mixture going bad and will keep it fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Toast your favorite kind of bread, I prefer sourdough. Add the avocado mixture and top with Bruschetta sauce.
Feel free to share your Avocado and Toast pictures with me, I would love to see you guys recreating this recipe.